Home » , » Dodie Smith’s classic bohemian romance hopes to capture hearts in musical revival

Dodie Smith’s classic bohemian romance hopes to capture hearts in musical revival

Written By Unknown on Saturday, February 4, 2017 | 7:37 PM

Coming-of-age novel I Capture the Castle is adapted for the stage

One of Britain’s most popular romantic novels, Dodie Smith’s coming-of-age classic I Capture the Castle, beloved of writers including JK Rowling and Joanna Trollope, is to be adapted as a musical this spring. After working on the project for more than five years, British director Brigid Larmour has revealed details of her plan to bring the offbeat love story to the stage.

“When it was first suggested to me for musical adaptation, I said, no – we can’t do big musicals. Then I read it and fell for it,” Larmour told the Observer.

Related: 'A story with sex and money at its heart': Evie Wyld on I Capture the Castle

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment