Home » , » ‘It was the end of my dreams and my life. But I never considered saying no’

‘It was the end of my dreams and my life. But I never considered saying no’

Written By Unknown on Saturday, January 7, 2017 | 3:09 AM

Sister Agatha, a former upper-class debutante, was presented to the king before being called to serve God more than 60 years ago

It’s more than six decades since Shirley Leach swapped her debutante’s dresses for a nun’s habit and changed her name to Sister Agatha. But the “wild fury” she felt as a 21-year-old on the threshold of life at what she saw as God’s command to enter a convent is easily recalled. “It was the end of all my dreams, they were taken away in a single moment,” she said.

Now, at the age of 85, Sister Agatha has no regrets about the course of her life. “To have been asked by God to be in that particular relationship with him is the most amazing thing. I never doubted where I was meant to be.”

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment