Home » , » Zadie Smith says using social media would threaten her writing

Zadie Smith says using social media would threaten her writing

Written By Unknown on Thursday, September 21, 2017 | 7:30 AM

Novelist tells interviewer that avoiding Twitter and Instagram protects her ‘right to be wrong’, which would be inhibited by instant public reaction

Zadie Smith has spoken of how staying away from social media gives her “the right to be wrong” without fearing other people’s reactions, saying that if she knew readers’ reactions to her work, she wouldn’t be able to write.

At a live event with the New Yorker writer Jia Tolentino in New York, the British novelist said: “Because I’m not on Twitter, I’m not on Instagram, I’m not on the internet, I never hear people shouting at me.”

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment