Home » , » Extinctions by Josephine Wilson wins the 2017 Miles Franklin award

Extinctions by Josephine Wilson wins the 2017 Miles Franklin award

Written By Unknown on Thursday, September 7, 2017 | 5:47 AM

Wilson, the 60th winner of Australia’s most high-profile literary prize for fiction, says ‘it’s not the sort of thing I ever imagined would happen to me’

“I can’t tell you how extraordinary it is for this to happen,” said author and 2017 Miles Franklin award-winner Josephine Wilson. “It’s not the sort of thing I ever imagined would happen to me.”

On Thursday night, Wilson was revealed as the 60th winner of Australia’s most high-profile literary prize for fiction for her novel, Extinctions, which was hailed by the judges as “compassionate and unapologetically intelligent”.

Related: Miles Franklin awards 2017 shortlist: reviews of the books you’ll read next

Related: Miles Franklin award shortlists five first-time nominees

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment