Home » , » Don't expect any more historical fiction from me, says Hilary Mantel

Don't expect any more historical fiction from me, says Hilary Mantel

Written By Unknown on Sunday, August 16, 2020 | 5:18 PM

Writer tells Edinburgh festival audience she wants to focus on short stories and theatre

Hilary Mantel has spent the last 15 years consumed by Tudor intrigue and writing award-winning historical fiction, but fans should not expect much more in that vein.

“I haven’t got another big historical novel in view,” she told the Edinburgh international books festival on Sunday. “I think that’s quite important to say, so I hope people will stop writing to me with suggestions. It’s lovely that people have the appetite for it but considering the pace at which I proceed, I would like some life before it’s too late.”

Related: Hilary Mantel up for third Booker prize as 2020 longlist announced

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment