Home » , » 'I feel fine': George RR Martin reassures fans from self-isolation

'I feel fine': George RR Martin reassures fans from self-isolation

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 | 8:29 AM

Game of Thrones author is ‘aware I’m very much in the most vulnerable population’ but is working hard on The Winds of Winter

Coronavirus and culture – a list of major cancellations
Coronavirus – latest updates
See all our coronavirus coverage

It is the pandemic news we have all been needing: George RR Martin is using his hours of confinement to work on his long-awaited Game of Thrones novel, The Winds of Winter.

“For those of you who may be concerned for me personally … yes, I am aware that I am very much in the most vulnerable population [for coronavirus infection], given my age and physical condition. But I feel fine at the moment, and we are taking all sensible precautions,” the 71-year-old author told fans on his website. “Truth be told, I am spending more time in Westeros than in the real world, writing every day. Things are pretty grim in the Seven Kingdoms … but maybe not as grim as they may become here.”

Related: George RR Martin: ‘Game of Thrones finishing is freeing, I’m at my own pace’

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment