Home » , » Sci-fi magazine pulls story by trans writer after 'barrage of attacks'

Sci-fi magazine pulls story by trans writer after 'barrage of attacks'

Written By Unknown on Friday, January 17, 2020 | 11:51 AM

I Sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter by Isabel Fall reworked a transphobic meme, but author asked to withdraw it after angry reception

A science fiction story that repurposed the transphobic meme “I Sexually Identify as an Aattack Helicopter” as its title has been removed from the magazine Clarkesworld following a “barrage of attacks” on its transgender author.

Isabel Fall’s story, which was published in Clarkesworld earlier this week and quickly went viral, opens as the narrator describes how they “sexually identify as an attack helicopter”. “I decided that I was done with womanhood, over what womanhood could do for me; I wanted to be something furiously new,” Fall writes. “To the people who say a woman would’ve refused to do what I do, I say – Isn’t that the point?”

Continue reading...

via Science fiction books | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2G1tzNe

0 comments:

Post a Comment