Home » , » 'I've been struggling with it': George RR Martin on The Winds of Winter

'I've been struggling with it': George RR Martin on The Winds of Winter

Written By Unknown on Saturday, November 10, 2018 | 2:55 AM

In an exclusive interview, the Game of Thrones author says the HBO show’s popularity has left him feeling ‘conscious I have to do something great’

George RR Martin has revealed that he has found it hard to finish the long-awaited sixth book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series, as the rise in fame and popularity that came with the television adaptation Game of Thrones has become a “considerable weight to bear”.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian ahead of the publication of his next book, Fire and Blood, a history of the fantasy universe of his hugely popular series, Martin said he’d been wrestling with The Winds of Winter, which has been eagerly awaited by fans since the last book in the series, 2011’s A Dance With Dragons.

Related: Game of Thrones: how will Winds of Winter regain the suspense stolen by the show?

Once I get rolling, I don’t care what my email says or who’s mad at me this week because The Winds of Winter isn’t out

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment