Home » , » I nearly quit ‘ugly’ social media, says Kuenssberg

I nearly quit ‘ugly’ social media, says Kuenssberg

Written By Unknown on Sunday, July 22, 2018 | 1:04 AM

BBC’s political editor tells of being plagued by online abuse and threats

Laura Kuenssberg, the BBC’s political editor, no longer reads online comments about her broadcast coverage and has been close to leaving social media because of the vitriol levelled at her.

In admissions made to the author Tom Baldwin, she said: “I’ve tried to pull back and I’ve thought about coming off it all together. Partly, that’s because it’s uglier out there now; it’s like a playground where people want to shout each other down. I don’t read the comments people write about me – it’s not worth it.” Kuenssberg, an early advocate of involving the public in news coverage through social media, told Baldwin that her attitude had changed during the period when she was targeted by political websites.

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment