Home » , » Neil Gaiman and Ai Weiwei join major names writing to jailed authors

Neil Gaiman and Ai Weiwei join major names writing to jailed authors

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 | 10:23 AM

Marking PEN International’s Day of the Imprisoned Writer, authors and artists have written letters of hope and solidarity to colleagues in prison

The cartoonist Ramón Esono Ebalé, arrested in Equatorial Guinea earlier this year, may share the same planet as the writer Neil Gaiman. But according to the latter, they “live in different worlds”.

“I am perfectly free to write whatever I wish, to be as imaginative as I want to be, to create people and places, to challenge the things that I believe need to be challenged, and you are not,” Gaiman declared in a letter to the imprisoned cartoonist. “It is the truth of the worlds that you and I occupy, but it is something that I do not and cannot accept.”

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment