Home » , » Comic artist behind book for Orlando victims: 'I had to do something'

Comic artist behind book for Orlando victims: 'I had to do something'

Written By Unknown on Thursday, September 22, 2016 | 7:34 AM

Love is Love, an anthology containing work from 200 writers and artists, mourns victims of the nightclub attack and celebrates the LGBT community

After hearing about the Pulse nightclub massacre in Orlando, Florida, last June, comic book writer Marc Andreyko’s reaction was physical. “My body just clenched and I was ill. I knew I had to do something, anything,” Andreyko wrote in an email to the Guardian. A gunman had killed 49 patrons at the LGBT nightclub before he was killed by police.

The day after the tragedy, Andreyko posted on Facebook that the comic book community should do something. “As a child who grew up with Live-Aid and We Are the World, my first instinct was, ‘Let’s make a comic’,” he said.

This MATTERS. I cannot express to you with enough force how much this matters.

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment