Home » , » Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West romance set for big screen

Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West romance set for big screen

Written By Unknown on Monday, July 4, 2016 | 6:27 AM

Long-gestating adaptation of stage play Vita and Virginia by Eileen Atkins will be directed by Chanya Button

Vita and Virginia, Eileen Atkins’s fictionalisation of the friendship and affair of writers Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West, is finally heading to the big screen.

No casting has yet been announced, but the director is Chanya Button, whose female buddy comedy Burn Burn Burn was a hit at last autumn’s London film festival.

It’s not that the portrait of her is wrong, but it’s only her depression. It came as a real thrill to me that I made people go back and read it and see how witty she was. When I first got the script, I threw it from one end of my apartment to the other. I thought, right, OK, you’ve had your temper. It’s going to be done anyway, so grit your teeth, take the day’s filming, have a day with Meryl Streep and fuck everybody. And that’s what I did. It’s over and it was a success and that’s fine. But I just wish somebody would do my script.

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment