Home » , » JK Rowling apologises for killing off Remus Lupin in Harry Potter

JK Rowling apologises for killing off Remus Lupin in Harry Potter

Written By Unknown on Monday, May 2, 2016 | 8:29 AM

Author says sorry to fans for death in ‘battle of Hogwarts’ of popular werewolf, and admits she had not planned for him to die

JK Rowling has apologised for killing off Remus Lupin, a favourite of Harry Potter fans, in the final book.

The author, who has previously said sorry on May 2, the date on which the fictional “battle of Hogwarts” took place 18 years ago, for the death of popular characters such as Fred Weasley, said she “didn’t enjoy doing it” in reference to Lupin.

Once again, it's the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts so, as promised, I shall apologise for a death. This year: Remus Lupin.

In the interests of total honesty I'd also like to confess that I didn't decide to kill Lupin until I wrote Order if the Phoenix.

Arthur lived, so Lupin had to die. I'm sorry. I didn't enjoy doing it. The only time my editor ever saw me cry was over the fate of Teddy.

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment