Home » » Top tips for writing to frighten

Top tips for writing to frighten

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 | 9:36 AM

Want to write a really scary story? Follow these top tips from Matt Ralphs, author of Fire Girl, and learn how to create the killer combination to make your readers shiver with fear

When I was a child I lived in a large, old house on the edge of a village in Suffolk. It had three storeys, a cellar, winding stairs, crooked corridors – and seemed to come alive at night. That was when floorboards creaked in empty rooms and shadows shifted in the corners. It was obvious to me that we were not alone. I loved that house. It’s where my fascination with fear and scary stories was born, and has directly influenced my writing style.

Related: Watch the trailer for Matt Ralphs' Fire Girl - exclusive!

Continue reading...











0 comments:

Post a Comment