Home » » Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon – review

Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon – review

Written By Unknown on Sunday, August 23, 2015 | 4:10 AM

‘After I finished it I sat there and cried because I was sad and confused and shocked but also happy’

Fourteen-year-old Catherine Hunter doesn’t need to worry about the Collections. But she does. She should want to marry a government boy. But she doesn’t. Upon impulse, she stows away on one of the skyships and changes her name to Cat. All of a sudden, she is free of her father, of the government. Finally she can do what she wants to do – or so she thought. It seems that the crew of the Stormdancer are on to something, something big. Something that could expose the government and change things forever.

This book moved me. I can’t give too much away in a review, but after I finished it I sat there and cried because I was sad and confused and shocked but also happy because a book did this, words did this, but my brain was a muddle and I couldn’t get to sleep that night and then finally I managed to read another book that softened the blow but I still mourn.

Continue reading...











0 comments:

Post a Comment