Home » , » Sunday Mirror reporter who spent a night with Frank Sinatra

Sunday Mirror reporter who spent a night with Frank Sinatra

Written By Unknown on Monday, July 6, 2015 | 9:07 AM

In her book she tells how she got her scoop by regular visits to the bathroom

Veteran reporters love to tell the behind-the-scenes stories behind their great scoops but I’ve rarely enjoyed one as much as Sandra White’s tale about her 1988 Frank Sinatra exclusive.

Then working for the Sunday Mirror, she was tasked with inveigling herself into a charity weekend event hosted by Sinatra and his wife, Barbara Marx, at their Palm Springs home.

“Every anecdote sent me to the ladies. I had soon used up all of the place card. I tried writing on toilet paper but it was taking too long and kept tearing. I flushed it down the loo.

Sitting on the toilet, I looked around for something to write on. It was there right in front of me: my thighs. I scribbled quote after quote above my stocking tops.

Continue reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment