Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to open in West End in 2016

JK Rowling gives details of world premiere of new play, a collaboration with writer Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany

JK Rowling reveals why the Dursleys dislike Harry Potter so much

JK Rowling has confirmed that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will be opening in London in 2016. Rowling tweeted that the play is “an untold part of Harry’s story” and the result of her collaboration with the playwright Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany.

Reports of the play being a Potter prequel have swirled around for months but Rowling dispelled that plot line in a tweet, while adding: “I don’t want to say too much more, because I don’t want to spoil what I know will be a real treat for fans.” Pre-empting the question of why she is working on a play rather than a novel, she said that when audiences see the show they will agree that theatre was the “only proper medium” for this particular story.

Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment