Author J.K. Rowling confirmed on Twitter Friday that a play, entitled “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child,” will be opening in London next year.
“It will tell a new story,” Rowling wrote, later adding: “I don’t want to say too much more, because I don’t want to spoil what I know will be real treat for fans.”
Rowling stressed, however, that the play will not be a “prequel.”
I'm also very excited to confirm today that a new play called Harry Potter and the #CursedChild will be opening in London next year.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
It will tell a new story, which is the result of a collaboration between writer Jack Thorne, director John Tiffany and myself. #CursedChild
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
I don't want to say too much more, because I don't want to spoil what I know will be a real treat for fans. #CursedChild
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
However, I can say that it is not a prequel! #CursedChild
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
To answer one inevitable (and reasonable!) question - why isn't #CursedChild a new novel? - I am confident that when audiences see the play
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
they will agree that it was the only proper medium for the story. #CursedChild
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
I've had countless offers to extend Harry's story over the years, but Jack, John and Sonia Friedman are a dream team! #CursedChild
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
It has been a huge pleasure to share with them (and soon, with you!) this untold part of Harry's story. #CursedChild
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015
According to The Daily Mail, “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” may detail the lives of Harry’s parents, James and Lily, before they were killed by Lord Voldemort.
“The play may also look at the complicated relationship between siblings Lily and Petunia,” the news outlet wrote. Petunia, and her husband Vernon, were the muggles (non-magical people) who raised Harry after he was orphaned.
The play is slated to open in the summer of 2016 at the Palace Theatre on London’s West End, Entertainment Weekly writes. Tickets will reportedly go on sale in the fall.
-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.


0 comments:
Post a Comment