Home » » Ethan's Voice by Rachel Carter - review

Ethan's Voice by Rachel Carter - review

Written By Unknown on Saturday, November 30, 2013 | 10:09 AM


'I found it genuinely original and different to many other books I have read'


Ethan won't speak… No, correction: he can't speak. For, you see, ever since he was little he hasn't spoken but he doesn't know why he stopped.


However, there's a new boat on the river, the "Moons End". What makes this boat special though is the girl on it… Polly. After all though, the big "if" is, will Ethan speak again?


When tumbling upon this little mystery, I didn't know quite what to think of it. Just a glimpse of the back of the book intrigued me. With an enchanting cover I couldn't resist, but I was still a little sceptical, after all you can't judge a book by its cover.


However the book was just as enticing as the cover itself. I found that the writer portrayed a beautiful image of what was going on. I found it genuinely original and different to many other books I have read.


However I wasn't really sure about the characters because they seemed rather simple and weren't particularly interesting. Also one of the disadvantages of Ethan not being able to speak is that you don't really get to know him.


Overall it was a truly original book and I think that is something authors should definitely think about more when writing a novel.


Want to tell the world about a book you've read? Join the site and send us your review!





theguardian.com © 2013 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds



















0 comments:

Post a Comment