Home » , , » Ryon Harms: Why I Quit My Happy Life

Ryon Harms: Why I Quit My Happy Life

Written By Unknown on Thursday, August 29, 2013 | 10:35 PM

Last week I quit my rewarding job at a respected company. I moved out of my dream place on the sand in Malibu. I left a life that took years of persistent work to create. Was it worth it? I'm not sure, but I'm heading full speed towards the answer.

Quitting and moving out weren't the biggest risks I've taken. That happened 12 years ago when my girlfriend, Laurie, was given two years left to live by her neurosurgeon. The next day I asked her to marry me. She was fun, beautiful and profound. Over the next 10 years she taught me some fundamental truths about the Universe. Before she escaped her body she gave me a daughter.

Laurie's death made think of my own mortality. I asked myself: If I died tomorrow, what would I regret? Only one answer surfaced: that I didn't get to tell my daughter the love story that found it's purpose in her birth. Loving to write, I set out to write her a memoir of my life with Mommy.

I'm blogging here to invite you on my physical and spiritual journey. I'm moving with my daughter to South America soon. It will be a five month adventure to write my book and preserve the story of the uncommon decisions I made to become the man I am.

Laurie believed that we chose the lessons we needed to learn before we were born. As you follow along this blog and eventually my book, I hope that in some way I can help you find new courage to embrace the lessons you've set for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment